6 month initial contract
Excellent day rate
This leading telecoms company, who are going through an exciting period of change, are seeking an experienced Scrum Master to join their busy team.
Working within the Digital team, you will perform the Scrum Master role for one of 10 cross-functional, self-managing teams.
Key responsibilities of the role?
- You will be responsible for driving business outcomes through multiple iterative deliveries
- Work with the scrum team to deliver the business outcomes as agreed with the Product Owner, taking an iterative/MVP approach.
- You will ensure delivery of work packages into the business, coordinating with end-to-end technical delivery teams and fostering collaborative ways of working.
- Teach, implement and adhere to scrum practices and values
- Remove internal impediments and escalate impediments outside of the team's control via the Scrum of Scrums (SOS) forum and other regular meetings.
- Facilitate the correct resourcing and skill profiles for the team, and escalate as required.
- Be responsible for the Organisation, facilitation and ongoing improvement of all scrum events, and maintaining sprint integrity.
- Provide expertise in working with the Product Owner to create user stories that can be completed in an iteration, and broken down into small tasks by the team
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure the product backlog is "DEEP" - visible, refined and current.
- Work with the Product Owner to produce and maintain a visible, rolling long term plan / roadmap to provide confidence of your scrum team's capability of hitting its business outcomes
- Track and communicate team velocity and progress towards a release
- Proactively liaise with the Digital Operations team and Delivery Manager for end to end implementation, including all deployment activity and required hard dates.
- Proactively liaise with Business Project Managers, Technical Delivery Managers and Deployment managers, where required, for end to end implementation, including all test and deployment activities. Help the teams to articulate and manage risks, issues and dependencies across all the scrum teams
- Facilitate quarterly team health checks
- Support the scrum team to become fully collaborative and to develop their skills to become t-shaped
- Create an environment where empowered, motivated and protected teams can thrive
- Help the team to delight its stakeholders by delivering high value, early and often
- Seek agile best practice and share with other scrum masters and the wider digital team.
You must have/be:
- Experience of applying different delivery methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and Waterfall
- Proven delivery experience within a complex IT environment with significant volume of change
- Thorough understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and software development processes and lifecycle
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/deliveries simultaneously
- Proven ability to lead and coach
- Highly customer-focused approach.
- Demonstrable focus on delivering brilliant customer experiences
- Digital savviness and past experience operating in a digital organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate an active interest in agile, the agile community, and your ongoing learning
- Certified Scrum Master
For more information please apply here or send a CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.