Project People are supporting a secondary school based on the North London / Hertfordshire borders. They are seeking to appoint an experienced Science Teacher from April 2020 on a permanent basis.
The role offers an exciting chance for a Science teacher to join a committed, large and vibrant team, comprising of thirteen members of staff. The department is extremely well resourced, benefiting from ten newly built Science laboratories. Staff also benefit from three specialist technicians to support them.
At Key Stage 3 students study topics across all three disciplines; the department has a standardised set of resources available for every teacher to use and adapt to suit the needs of their own classes. They have adopted a collaborative approach to planning to ensure that staff within the department have time to personalise their lessons and provide feedback to students. There is an active KS3 Science Club, which runs weekly and they also run the CREST Award programme.
They operate a three year KS4 with approximately 60 students taking Triple Science each year, following the AQA Combined and Triple Specifications. Science results in 2019 with Triple Science outcomes were significantly above the national average and A-Level Science is extremely popular.
In line with the whole school, the department has dedicated pedagogy and subject knowledge development time, which provides an invaluable opportunity for the department to come together and discuss research relating to our subject area, share learning and teaching ideas and genuinely work collaboratively to develop our practice as professionals.
The department is keen to continue to build on excellent results in 2019 and their popularity at A-Level. The school is open to applications for Science teachers with specialisms in any of the three disciplines.
KEY CANDIDATE FEATURES:
- Passion for learning and teaching
- Believes in the right of every student to fulfil their potential
- Is or has the potential to be an outstanding practitioner, with the energy to inspire, motivate and challenge students KEY BENEFITS OF THE ROLE:
- Successful and hugely popular Department
- Brand new £20million school building
- A school described by Ofsted as being one where "students work together exceptionally well," and where "students are overwhelmingly enthusiastic about school"
- Outstanding, highly personalised professional development opportunities
- Outstanding career development including dedicated leadership development and coaching in a national "Leadership" school
- A forward looking, innovative and oversubscribed working environment
Deadline for CV profiles - Monday 20th January 2020
To discuss this role in more depth, please contact Kenny Fraser on 0203 948 9260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.