SC Cleared* Network Engineer - Solihull - Contract
Job Purpose and Accountabilities:
The candidate should be able to demonstrate that they have a good breadth and depth of technical experience in the support and management of legacy analogue/digital services, network synchronization and Carrier Ethernet services.
Skills - Mandatory:
- Experienced in the support of PDH/SDH networking.
- Experienced in the support of Carrier Ethernet networking.
Knowledge of at least 4 of the following network solutions and protocols:
- Analogue private circuits (2W/4W)
- Digital private circuits (e.g. Kilostream, Megastream)
- Serial digital interfaces (V.24, X.21, V.11)
- PDH/SDH networking (E1, STM-1, synchronization)
- Circuit Emulation Services (CESoPSN, SAToP)
- IP VPN networking (BGP, MPLS)
- Network synchronization in packet networks (PTP)
- MEF ELINE services (EPL, EVPL)
- Layer 2 VPN networking (VPLS, EVPN)
- Provider bridging (VLAN, QinQ VLAN, SVLAN)
*Candidates must be ideally currently SC Cleared or willing and eligible to undergo SC Clearance which can take up to 12 weeks to complete
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.