SC Cleared* Network Engineer/Network Support Engineer (PDH, SDH, Carrier Ethernet, X21, ASDH, ISDL, DSL, Analogue private circuits, IP/Juniper, Digital private circuits, V.24, X.21, V.11, IP VPN, BGP, MPLS, VLAN) is urgently required by our Global Defence and IT Services Company for an initial 12 month contract (to be taken in 6 month stints), to be based in Solihull, West Midlands.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Must have experience of working on legacy networks
- Commissioning, Building networks and bringing into service
- Experienced in the support of PDH/SDH networking.
- Experienced in the support of Carrier Ethernet networking
- NOC network management experience
- Responsible for moving from legacy technologies, such as X21, ASDH, ISDL (integrated Services Digital Network), DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) Copper etc. to IP/Juniper
- Swapping out old legacy networks to new IP/Juniper network
- Daily duties will include a mixture of general support escalations/fault finding and project/implementation work.
- Analogue private circuits (2W/4W)
- Digital private circuits (e.g. Kilostream, Megastream)
- Serial digital interfaces (V.24, X.21, V.11)
- Circuit Emulation Services
- IP VPN networking (BGP, MPLS)
- Network synchronization in packet networks (PTP)
- MEF ELINE services (EPL, EVPL)
- Layer 2 VPN networking (VPLS, EVPN)
- Provider bridging (VLAN, QinQ VLAN, SVLAN)
* The successful candidate must be willing to undergo SC Clearance prior to commencement of the contract.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.