Systems/Software Engineer - Microsoft Programmes
National Broadcasting company
Our client who are a public service broacaster are looking for a Systems/Software Engineer. As a company they are responsible for providing industry-leading End User Compute (EUC) services to multiple Divisions, supporting the company's digital transformation and helping to change them into an internet-fit broadcaster. Providing critical services to these world famous industry leaders, we are proud to be an integral part of the most renowned broadcasting and media organisation in the world.
This is a role is within the Technology department called End User Compute (EUC), your aim will be to assist, and be instrumental in ensuring we reach our ambitions in Collaboration & SaaS Product delivery. You will be a positive, friendly face to end users and work closely with our suppliers and other EUC product teams.
- Product Support: Own product issues through to resolution, and communicate with the client until fully resolved. Effectively liaise with end users, service providers, suppliers and vendors. Assisting 1st and 2nd line support teams to resolve the issues or escalation to vendor/suppliers where appropriate.
- Development: Competence in one or more mainstream development languages is must have. Develop effective small applications, API integrations, create and manage scripts for automation that meets given specifications.
- Testing: To perform user testing of all issues, enhancements, and project functionality.
- Configuration: SaaS products configuration, administration, change control and documentation.
- Training: Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies. Assisting change and communications team in creating training documentation.
- Team: Working alongside other senior team members both locally and remotely you will participate in group objectives, deliverables and meetings. EUC SaaS team run a high cadence of new SaaS products to the business. You will understand and convey their value to our end user, identifying which technology is right for their use case.
- Documentation: Keeping technical & governance documentation up to date.
The Ideal Candidate
- Software Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent. Worked in a professional software development environment (mid-level).
- Competence in one or more mainstream development languages is a must have. Experience in PowerShell scripting, API or rest services integrations. Power Platform and Azure experience is desirable.
- Experience in one or more of the SaaS products below.
- Microsoft365 platform and products such as Teams, SharePoint, Power Platform etc.
- Dropbox, G-suite, Adobe, Miro, Slack, BMC remedy, Azure etc. We don't expect anyone to have experience in all the listed products, If you are great we would like to hear from you.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision, and manage your own workload in a very busy environment. Punctual and available you will represent a single point of assistance and escalation for users.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.