- Salary dependent upon experience plus benefits
- Based in London.
Our client is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through their dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, they have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
The researcher position will participate in research to conduct academic and applied research, advance state-of-the-art in machine learning, and collaboratively develop advanced products and services with other groups in the company.
The work will mainly include:
- Conducting cutting edge research including machine learning especially deep learning, speech recognition, and computer vision, which will be used in addressing problems in and enhancing the experience of the human computer interaction; or, Conducting research on key computer vision functions, working to solve challenges in object detection, tracking, image segmentation, re-identification, 3D reconstruction, etc.
- Collaborating with product groups in development of human machine interaction prototypes
- Collaborating with external partners in academia
- Participating in activities in academia and promoting the work conducted in the lab
Critical Success Factors:
- Creative and innovative
- Able to convert an idea into a prototype efficiently, optimize its cost and drive the implementation
- Result driven and good communication skills. Able to work efficiently in a multi-cultural, multi-site, multi-language and changing environment
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving skills
- Focused, pro-active, motivated, able to work under pressure and to multi-task various algorithm development and development activities
- Open minded and able to learn fast
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team of technical experts
- Broad knowledge, versatile and hands on
- Possess a PhD degree or equivalent in machine learning, computer vision, or human machine interaction, or have equivalent research experiences
- Having experiences in research in applying machine learning and deep learning in human machine interaction and computer vision projects
- Demonstrate the ability to generate new ideas and innovate
- Have good research track record
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK/EU. Passports and visas will be checked as part of the recruitment process.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.