We are partnering with a leading blockchain organisation called NEM Group.
As a Research Engineer, you will analyze, design and develop cutting edge technologies (including consensus algorithms, protocols, and distributed system architecture) that improve the throughput and scalability of our blockchain protocols. You should have a strong understanding of cryptographic protocols and cryptographic primitives; be confident in interpreting and implementing academic research into proof-of-concepts to showcase impact; and be obsessed with the scalability of distributed systems.
At NEM Software, we build real-world applications that help realize the promise of blockchain. We are a multicultural startup of dreamers, designers and developers that create disruptive technologies that enables our customers to accelerate their digital transformation. We move fast, fail fast, and dream big.
NEM Software is not for everyone. We work in a fast-paced environment that requires constant collaboration; we keep bureaucracy to a minimum, and hold ourselves accountable in our mission. We move as a one team; we underpromise, and over deliver. We're customer obsessed, and pride ourselves on our transparency and consistency. If that sounds like your kind of environment...welcome to the team
- Review and analyze various cutting edge academic research related to distributed systems, blockchain, and cryptographic.
- Create proof-of-concept implementations for new cryptographic features to test out and prove concepts to the product and engineering teams.
- Participate in the design and development of NEM and Symbol protocol-level code, with a focus on scalability and security.
- Deliver high quality research paper(s) and good internal documentation that conveys the concept of new features and systems.
- Provide feedback on overall design decisions and participate in technical code reviews.
- Engage in an open development environment.
- Drive research conversations between community contributors and core NEM Software employees to advance and innovate in the space.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills - both written, and oral.
- Previous experience as a postdoctoral researcher or relevant industry researcher.
- Self motivated.
Strong knowledge and experience on consensus algorithms (GRANDPA, CasperFFG, PoS, BFT and pBFT, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience on network security (for example, DDoS mitigation) and network protocols.
- Experience in blockchain technology or related distributed ledger technology.
- Experience with economics and game theory.
- Have development experience with at least one low level, strongly typed language (Java, C/C++, Rust, Go).
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.