Release Manager (Retail/POS/payments/PCI) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Client for a rolling 3-month contract to be based in Uxbridge. The successful candidate will join a team of 5 who manage releases for a large retail customer on their POS, Payments and PCI systems.
We are looking for someone to manage releases from end to end, from writing a detailed deployment plan, representing it at the customer CAB and managing the (sometimes overnight) deployment, which could have a number of different onshore and offshore resources to coordinate.
As part of the Point of Sale Release Management team you will be responsible for the delivery of project and BAU releases to a number of critical services. The position includes full lifecycle management of the releases which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the estate across multiple production and non-production environments. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. This position also works with IT management to improve the delivery mechanisms and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
Job purpose & accountabilities:
* Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
* Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
* Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time
* Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
* Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
* Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations including both on and offshore as well as 3rd parties
* Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
* Produce Deployment and Implementation Plans
* Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
* Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
* Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
* Continually work towards making improvements.
* Experience of scripting in WINTEL environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working user knowledge of Access
This is an urgent role; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.