About the job
Japan Relationships Director
An exciting and challenging opportunity offering the successful candidate high level exposure within the Japan market with a high growth core protocol Blockchain business with a current market capitalisation value of over $2bn USD. Looking to hire a first class candidate to support the Exec team to be an integral part of the Japan NEM eco-system.
Based in Japan, reporting into the COO (Chief Operating Officer) and MD Software, the Relationship Director role is responsible for managing our key relationships across existing and future partners in Japan, including a close working relationship with our Marketing agency,Nikkei, and Technology Systems Integrators. It is a pivotal role, which defines and is responsible for the relationship strategy with our partners and building market awareness of NEM within Japan.
You will be responsible for building and preserving trusting relationships with our strategic partners. Develop the partner ecosystem, and implement processes and frameworks to build positive customer relationships acting as the conduit between the Senior Leadership team in NEM Group, the Marketing Agency and Commercial partners.
You will manage, qualify, evaluate and establish a strong pipeline of strategic key partner opportunities that would align with the NEM Group strategy and vision. Support with the negotiation and structuring of partnership opportunities with input from the wider business on commercial terms, including requirements and benefits.
Working closely with the Marketing agency and NEM Marketing team, you will be ensure that there is a strategic plan in place for promoting the NEM brand, Products and Services, to new and future customers through appropriate media, conferences, trade associations, Government and academic institutions and business events. Whilst additionally working with the Community Manager on key messaging, campaigns, articles to both raise awareness and promote NEM.
● Conduct analysis of potential new SI’s strategic partners, and work with existing partners collaboratively to continually enhance and develop the service offering.
● Conduct regular business reviews with Partners to identify future requirements, development needs and opportunities to continually develop and enhance the relationship
● Responsible for measuring the performance of our Strategic Partners and Marketing partner, identifying opportunities to continually enhance and develop the commercial benefits for both parties, ensuring they are aligned to the overall strategic vision of NEM
● Work closely with the Regional Head of Sales as required on commercial discussions with new partners, introducing the Sales Lead to potential new customers to develop new commercial opportunities
● Act as the In country Point person for new potential customers, qualifying their needs, objectives and requirements in line with NEM Groups strategy
● Build long-term relationships with partners and customers, understanding their needs, objectives and promoting NEM’s products and services keeping Partners updated on the latest products.
● Support with identifying new potential Partners, providing insight and analysis on how they align to NEM Groups strategic vision.
● Work quickly to address and resolve customer and partner issues, providing timely intervention and feedback as required.
● Liaise with the sales team on any new sales and cross-selling opportunities
● Become familiar with the competition to stay ahead of them, provide insight and analysis to the NEM Executive team
● Create strategies and work with partners to promote and enhance the NEM brand, products and Services.
● Promote and maintain a positive company image through Partners and clients
● Fluent in English and Japanese
● Must have previous experience in a senior capacity as Head of Relationships or Director, from a Technology background
● Must have several years in a similar role within Japan and able to demonstrate a cultural awareness of the Japanese market
● Must understand customer relationship management (CRM)
● Ability to continually develop strong professional networks at C-suite level and maintain long term relationships for both current and future relationships.
● Strong Commercial Acumen and ability to understand the Products and Services of the NEM Group and how these can support clients and Partners objectives
● Strategic thinker and ability to analyse and solve problems quickly
● Ability to collaborate well with others and building strong internal relationships at all levels
● Attentive to detail and highly organized
● Must be self-motivated, flexible and able to prioritise several projects simultaneously
● Be comfortable working in a scaleup and remote working environment.
● Intuitive to partner and customers’ needs
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels
● Ability to demonstrate gravitas, confidence and the ability to challenge and influence at Executive level.