Regional Property Surveyor
About The Company
My client, based in the Berkshire area, are a trusted and credible partner to some of the biggest telecoms companies in the UK, delivering and managing the best network infrastructure. Using their expertise to bolster network speed, coverage and capacity across the UK ensuring that the network is always optimised. It is a multi-award winning network, topping many UK network performance tables. There are tens of thousands of cell sites and millions of customers. They manage huge global organisations through partnerships with some of the biggest names and brands.
About The Role
The purpose of this role is to deal with the day to day estate management of the radio estates portfolio, principally managing this workload through external professional advisors and main contractors, as well as internal departments, to include the Property Access Team.
The work is diverse within the estate but principally covers professional property matters such as rent reviews, lease renewals, exit management and replacement sites terms approval, site upgrade rights, Landlord relationships, cabling wayleaves etc. You will be the internal and external contacts' first stop reference for property related matters and supports that service, and works closely with the Legal Department to direct positive, timely and prudent outcomes for their Shareholders.
You will have the responsibility to proactively and innovatively develop practices and processes to evolve, implement and deliver optimal outcomes and to report regularly on progress to the business as required. Being the "go to" person for that specialism and will liaise and collaborate with internal and external experts, particularly Legal to achieve that aim.
- Introduce, through training workshops, a revised Property Business Processes as they relate to new site roll-out into the company and Shareholder suppliers and teams.
- Engaging cross-functionally as well as within the Property Department to inspire and empower process change.
- Provide support to Shareholders, Suppliers and Contractors in the implementation of ECC reform especially in the context of renewals and to act as an escalation point when issues are encountered.
- Introduce innovation into all processes that can impact results, enhance delivery and assist the organisation to meet its business objectives and goals.
- Implement any "quick win" process improvements to enhance delivery and to react to what will be a rapidly evolving workspace.
- Support internal and external stakeholders in Acquisition, Legal Deployment and Transmission functions.
- Have a vision of the big picture and be able to foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Provide support to suppliers in site specific issues.
- Provide pragmatic, prudent and consistent advice to third parties to ensure the cost effective implementation of site acquisition.
- Maximise the cost savings / cost prevention through the effective use of the ECC.
About The Person
- Property knowledge.
- Demonstrable experience in Business Process and Transformational Change.
- Have worked in an Operator, Managed Service Supplier or Small Works Contractor environment.
- Telecoms experience, gained at either Operator, Managed Service Provider or Small Works Contractor level or Valuation expertise gained working for Chartered Surveying practice or similar.
The successful candidate is likely to be able to demonstrate having worked at a senior level / as a subject matter expert within a telecommunications property function or for a firm of chartered surveyors.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on email@example.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.