Regional Property Surveyor - Mobile Telecoms
Reading based with travel to partner sites across the UK as required
The Regional Property Surveyor (RPS) role is well established in the Property Department, dealing with the day to day estate management of the radio estates portfolio. The work is diverse within the estate but principally covers professional property matters such as rent reviews, lease renewals, exit management and replacement sites terms approval, site upgrade rights, Landlord relationships, cabling wayleaves etc The RPS is generally perceived by internal and external contacts as a first stop reference for property related matters.
You'll be responsible for the day to day estate management of your allocated Project Group of both internal and external partners, as well as being a Specialist Lead responsible for overall reporting and processes within your given specialism e.g. Agreement Renewals, New Code Rollouts, Wayleaves and Access Issues.
What you can expect:
- You will be the "go to" person for your specialisms and will liaise and collaborate with internal and external experts, to achieve successful identification and implementation of process change and business improvement opportunities within the property space. This will necessarily include internal and external workshops and compliance auditing.
- You will be working closely with our legal teams, to support with any contentious issues surrounding the new Electronic Communications Code, and where necessary be the SME on any cases taken to court.
- You'll be the key interface with your allocated group of landowners, agents, and small works contractors across our estate of circa 20,000 telecoms sites across the UK.
What we are looking for:
You'll be a highly engaging and engaged individual, who can influence others and bring them with you as you improve overall service and efficiency for our shareholders and the millions of mobile phone users who rely on our network.
You will ideally have:
- Property related Qualifications e.g. RICS or CAAV membership or comparable experience.
- Knowledge of Electronic Communications Code (Digital Economy Act) would be nice.
- Experience of compulsory purchase or Wayleaves.
if this role is of interest, please send a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.