A leading player within the telecoms arena are currently recruiting for a Radio Design Engineer to join their team.The team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a series of designs, guidelines and policies. These designs are delivered via Managed Service Partners (MSP's), the Design team and specialist resources in order to enhance the capabilities of the networks.
The key responsibilities role will involve:
- Technical management of antenna related new products
- Advising on how Antenna systems are designed and dimensioned to ensure that network availability targets are maintained or improved.
- Advising on on RF Compliance industry standards and how cell sites can be designed to achieve RF compliance using simulation tools and industry best practices.
- Acting as technical reference point for RF compliance
- Communication of design standards to relevant contractors via documentation and personal presentation.
- Support the Operational teams in identification of Antenna line related issues.
In addition, you will:
- Act as the Design Authority on antenna and feeder systems and RF compliance;
- Provide clear technical support including to non-technical areas to allow those areas of the business to fulfil their obligations.
- Act as the technical reference point for RF compliance guidance.
- Respond to technical queries from many areas of the business including Deployment, Property and Operations in a prompt and accurate fashion, to allow safe resolution of issues;
- Provide technical information, guidance and support to the New Product Introduction (NPI) Process to allow new products to be introduced and maintained.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of appropriate industry standards and developments, to ensure lifecycle of antenna systems is appropriately managed.
The ideal candidate must have/be:
- Education: Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- Significant experience working for a Network Operator in a Design Authority Function, creating appropriate solutions for support of active infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and email
Any experience of the below would be a bonus:
- Membership of an appropriate professional body
- Proven record of introducing new products into a mobile phone network environment.
- MS Access database or Excel VBA advanced programming experience
- AutoCAD experience
- Asset or Atoll radio planning tool experience
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Radio Coverage/Radio Planning Technical Authority
RAN Design Technical Authority
Project Engineer (mobile telecoms)
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Senior Transmission Planning Engineer (Mobile telecoms)
Location: Reading, Berkshire
3rd line Engineer (VMware & Windows) - Perm - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire