We have a new opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor from a telecoms background, to help optimise financial performance within the Field Deployment area and support the delivery of the service in line with customer targets. This role is working for a high profile brand within telecoms.
You will play a key role in the support of their mission to reduce digital inequality and bring connectivity to every part of the UK, you'll be joining at a time of digital innovation in support of areas including Smart Cities, IoT, digital broadcasting and the UK's transport and emergency services. If you're excited by the proposition of taking a lead role in enabling communications infrastructure for the 21st century we want to hear from you.
The position can be based out of the Manchester office, Midlands office or Reading with a hybrid model of working: 3 days office-based and 2 days home-based, with travel throughout the UK as required.
To be effective in the role you will need to develop and maintain successful and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare development appraisals and/ business cases for telecoms site share projects to achieve internal approval
- Review, negotiate and approve all project related supplier costs both pre and post contract
- Report on financial performance of selected projects
- Validate costs with the customer and provide explanations to support queries and ensure prompt resolution of issues
- Comply with the company's site share delivery process and adhere to KPIs for business case / budget production and cost control
- Maintain project specific records for all key performance metrics
- Provide subject matter 'expertise' on customer and supplier agreements and produce complete and accurate CEEs / business cases
Significant experience in a similar role gained from within telecoms or a closely related industry.
You must also be able to evidence:
- Excellent organisational skills together with experience using data management tools and a high degree of computer literacy.
- Proven negotiation skills with the confidence and gravitas to act independently on behalf of the company.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.