To provide commercial management of Client suppliers and prevention of overspend against CAPEX/OPEX costs. Ensure alignment to Client budgets and financial processes whilst assessing and authorising spend in line with agreed Client contracts and rates.
- Receive incoming business SOR demand, assess scope of the request and price either using standard contract rate cards (where applicable) or through direct supplier negotiation (where existing agreements are not in place). Raise purchase orders ensuring correct use of finance programme and product coding to enable future reporting and supplier instruction.
- Commercial assessment and authorisation of supplier claims and applications for payment. Upon receipt of submission, use correct contract rates to approve fees where work is complete and evidence in place or reject where not in order to prevent over-spend.
- Agreement of build final accounts by assessment of work done against agreed schedule of rates using direct negotiations where standard rates are not in place. Prevent over-spend and allow future business spend forecasting
- Ensure compliance with agreed contracts and rates at all times. Assessment of change requests that may drive scope change for ongoing instructions and commercially manage that impact through the PO/finance systems in order to control work in progress and commitment.
- Management of all commercial data by recording within tools and systems provided (Excel spreadsheets and Access Databases) to allow reporting and forecasting.
- To support and contribute actively to health and safety, environmental, business continuity and information security arrangements that meets our obligations to our customers.
- Background in financial or commercial industries, ideally in the telecoms sector
- Telecoms Quantity Surveying experience
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.