QA & Implementation Lead
Location: West London
Project People are currently working with a Global Travel Organisation based in West London that are recruiting for a QA & Implementation Lead to join the Technology Team and be responsible for taking a lead role in QA, Implementation and 2nd/3rd line support of their internal developed applications.
The right person should have a strong technical background in either QA/testing or Implementation and should either have a background in a lead/management role or be looking to take the next step-up in their career.
- Full ownership of QA/test and Implementation processes used within the Technology team
- Responsibility for ensuring that software development deliverables meet business requirements
- Responsibility for ensuring that critical and large scale projects have sufficient or full test coverage
- Planning and execution of successful delivery of new releases into the business
- Analysing functional and design specifications to identify test requirements & creating new test cases
- Provide and validate estimates and plans for testing new project work
- Over time develop an extensive working knowledge of the in-house system
- A strong background in either a QA/test or Implementation based roles
- Proven experience of creating and maintaining automated test scripts
- Managing and mentoring a small QA team with geographically diverse members
- An in depth understanding of software test methodologies
- Working with large enterprise .Net applications (desktop & web)
- Previous experience of working with in-house development teams with exposure to the full development lifecycle
- A "People Person" with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of using source control (TFS, SVN or GIT)
- Knowledge and use of development IDE's (Visual Studio)
- 1st / 2nd line support experience
- Useful but not essential - an interest in travelling to and exploring other countries cultures
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Methodical, logical and organised working practices
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); applicants must be able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical personnel at all levels and across multiple sites
- Ability to deliver under pressure, to tight timescales and to a high standard
If you have the required skills for this role, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.