Work for one of the largest and well know companies in the world.
Work within a technology solutions team, adopting and agile and DevOps practices to deliver innovative platform solutions.
As a Python Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing software projects within a specific area such as Service orchestration, NFV; Enterprise; Cloud; Test Driven Development.
Great benefits on offer which includes on site parking and the opportunity for some remote working.
Purpose of the role
You'll be enthusiastic about modern methods for deployment management and platform delivery, with a pragmatic style and great analytical skills that help you identify and solve problems. Have a sense of architecture, security, resilience and performance that allows you to spot solutions that work and those that don't. You'll be continually learning and have an eye on the tech coming over the horizon.
What you will be doing
- Designing and implementing a configuration management system for networking equipment.
- Building a pipeline for automatically configuring, testing, and monitoring warehouse networks.
What experience do you need
- Experience in Python development, preferably in a telecoms environment but other company backgrounds are also welcomed.
- Experience in Linux and a Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform desirable but not essential).
- Any of the following: SDK, Puppet, Shell/Bash, Ruby/Python, Web Servers (NGINX),Logstash/Kibana/ELK.
- Familiar with Git and other version control systems, understand branching and merging.
- Continuous integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory or alternative tools).
- Familiar with managing complex routing and redirection through software and network devices.
- Analyse traffic and system load to remove bottlenecks and identify how best we can deploy resources across the platform.
For finer details please contact Amanda Cager - firstname.lastname@example.org - 01628 762270.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Openstack Senior Solutions Architect - AWS, Cloud
Location: S. E. England, England
Cloud Architect (Openstack) - Berkshire - Contract
Location: Berkshire, S. E. England, England
Cloud Architect - Azure / AWS - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Location: City of London, London, England
Salary: Competitive Salary