|Job Title:||Python Developer|
|Location:||Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary and Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Salome Maybanks|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Python Developer / Software Engineer - A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a leading consumer brand company within the Communications industry as a Python Developer! This role offers the opportunity to work on a new project and new technology.
This position would suit someone who is enthusiastic about deployment management and platform delivery, someone who has a pragmatic style and great analytical skills that help you identify and solve problems!
- As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing software projects within a specific area e.g. Service orchestration, NFV; Enterprise; Cloud; Test Driven Development
- Working autonomously and typically without supervision of more senior designers (although will consult with them) and providing technical guidance to more junior designers
- Designing and implementing a configuration management system for networking equipment.
- Building a pipeline for automatically configuring, testing, and monitoring warehouse networks
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in Python development.
- A passion for automation and a clear capacity to adopt a Developers mentality in a busy, pressurised (but fun) operations environment.
- Experience in our Tech stack: Linux, Google Cloud Platform, SDK, Puppet, Shell/Bash, Ruby/Python, Web Servers (NGINX),Logstash/Kibana/ELK
- You are familiar with Git and other version control systems, understand branching and merging.
- Continuous integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory or alternative tools)
- You are familiar managing complex routing and redirection through software and network devices and can analyse traffic and system load to remove bottlenecks and identify how best we can deploy resources across the platform.
- Working knowledge of Linux internals with a depth and breadth of technical expertise in system administration including configuration, troubleshooting and engineering solutions.
- Hands on experience in performance tuning of Linux OS (CentOS) and identifying bottlenecks such as disk I/O, memory, CPU, network issues (but not limited to).
- Ability to analyse network behaviour, performance and application issues using standard tools.
- You have a good grasp of TCP/IP, http and https and use this knowledge to help you analyse problems when they occur.
If you have the required skills and experience and are interested in joining this forward thinking company on a permanent basis then please submit your CV on line or email direct to Salome.Maybanks@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.