Project Planner required for a 6 month contract assignment with a leading Telecoms brand, to be based in either Maidenhead or Reading (with travel to other site).
The Project Planner will report to the Planning Manager and the primary purpose of the role is to play a key role in the transformation team and be the key interface between transformation and the business functions.
The Project Planner will ensure the functional delivery plans clearly identify dependencies, assumptions, resource requirements and that the critical path clearly identified.
Furthermore the Project Planner will attend functional planning meetings, take the lead role to ensure the tracking of plans and schedules, perform analysis to identify and resolve critical path and dependency conflicts.
These functional plans will be integrated into the master 'one plan' which are horizontally and vertically integrated across functional delivery teams and 3rd Parties.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide expert planning support and assist in the development of the planning processes; identification of key stakeholders; communication
- To develop, maintain and progress quality project plans / schedules in line with the functional processes and transformation project requirements
- Maintain key inter dependencies between projects and programmes confirming appropriate monitoring and action is undertaken as required in a timely manner
- Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the project plans / schedules developed and utilised
- Validate plans / schedules in line with the agreed strategy and base-lined plan ensuring that functions use the change process to manage any variances to plan
- To act as the key point of interface between the transformation team and the functional teams
- Ensure all critical resources and task dependencies are identified and related risks are assessed, communicated, prioritised and managed
- Facilitate the supply of accurate data to support effective prioritisation decisions, providing information regarding constraints, business required dates and slippage
- Liaise with all parties to ensure programme & project planning submissions are issued in a timely manner to be reviewed prior to planning meetings
- Chair planning meetings, providing information on new or amended assignments, securing updates and updating the Plan
- Facilitate the resolution of resource requirement conflicts between the portfolio of programmes, projects and changes
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team
- Expert experience in MS Project 2010 & 2016 is essential. Additionally, advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Visio would be an advantage
- Proven ability to apply sound logic when translating information into a logical sequence of events (planning), which require fully linked dependencies
- Strong analytical and reporting skills. Experience of analysing project plans, dependency management, baseline management and resource usage across a programme portfolio
- Proficient in portfolio, programme and project risk and issue management
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders cross functionally
- Displays excellent relationship, influencing and all round communication skills
- A working knowledge of project methodologies such as PRINCE2, PMI or Agile
- Experience of portfolio management tools such as Microsoft Enterprise Project Server
- Good knowledge of SQL or business objects
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.