Project Leader/ Junior Project Manager (Retail Store infrastructure/move/refit/EPoS/PoS) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Client for an initial contract until 19th December 2017 to be based in Basingstoke. To be successful you must have previous experience as a Project Leader/Junior Project Manager on an infrastructure retail store relocation project. Please do not apply if you do not have this experience as it is essential to progress.
This role is to work on a retail customer account and you will be responsible for Project Managing allocated infrastructure rebrands, refits or moves within the stores. This will involve managing different suppliers and internal service providers to enable the store to go through its allocated service e.g. Infrastructure refit, rebrand or move the store completely.
Job purpose & accountabilities:
Accept store plans from the business
* Attend on site Pre contract meeting
* Compile detailed statement of works
* Gain Business approval for budget spend
* Raise services and hardware orders for activity in scope
* Manage in hardware orders with suppliers
* Mange resource attendance with suppliers
* Manage the on site activity to agreed timeline for activity in scope
* Sign off the installation with the store
* Handover any snagging to the snag team
* Confirm works complete
* Produce weekly summary report
* Mobile roles and so travelling will be required to stores.
* Strong communication skills - both written and oral.
* Will have worked within retail
* Good organisation skills
* Good time management skills.
* Able to operate under pressure - will have to handle multiple store refits in various states of progression.
* Must be flexible - be able to respond to changing diary in line with reacting to "change". A "can do" attitude.
* Good commercial awareness.
*Typically reports directly to the Project Board nominee, i.e. assignment manager/project
*Reports progress of their project to the Project Board/Project Manager
Retail Infrastructure implementation
Skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Ability to multi-task
Attentive to detail
Microsoft Sharepoint would be very useful
This is an urgent role; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.