Lead the development and delivery of a specific programme of work to achieve cost, time, quality and safety objectives in accordance with the requirements of the Route Services IT delivery lifecycle, appropriate governance and company standards. The Programme Manager will manage the end to end programme delivery within a broader portfolio or a number of portfolios.
1. To build a strong and sustainable relationship with Functional Business leaders to understand their business objectives, core capabilities and strategic direction in order to develop a joint programme delivery plan.
2. Accountable for working with Functional Business Leaders to shape the programme to drive optimal delivery of outcomes, including planning at the level appropriate to the complexity of the programme. Appropriately structuring and sequencing work streams.
3. Builds and leads the programme delivery team, including the overseeing of all suppliers, dependencies and point of escalations for signification risks and issues.
4. Articulates risk exposure, working with the business and using effective stakeholder management to agree common understanding to mitigations and reduce risk exposure.
5. Monitors and reviews all programme delivery economics, including production of deliverables, costs, resourcing and is compliant to governance arrangements in place supported by appropriate reporting.
6. Provide line and performance management to the direct reports by leading and inspiring the team to creating high performing teams whilst developing individual capability in line with organisational needs.
7. Delivers programme/project alignment with Business / IT strategy. Proactively manages potential conflicts, e.g. between return on investment associated with the benefits case, and technical compliance, engaging specialist expertise as required.
8. Build and maintain commercial relationships with supply chain partners to drive successful delivery through appropriate contracting vehicles and supplier management.
9. To support the Programme and Project Services leadership team to drive the execution of the strategic vision and continuously improving our policies, processes, people and governance
10. Supporting major business transformation programmes and driving delivery performance improvements across the portfolio and function, acting as Change Ambassadors for the Change and learning Network within the organisation.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Significant proven track record in delivering programmes of successful large scale and complex IT projects with an element of business change
- Significant experience in leading programme/project management and delivery.
- Expert knowledge of programme/project management principles, methods (e.g., Iterative, waterfall, agile), techniques, tools, emerging trends and risk management.
- Significant experience in management of customer expectations, senior stakeholders and developing strong relationships across the business.
- Strong leadership skills, experience in motivating and inspiring confidence in others.
- Proven track record in managing staff performance/underperformance and developing high performing staff and teams
- High levels of flexibility, adaptability and broad thinking.
- Proven track record in supplier management and commercial acumen.
- Strong financial management skills including forecasting and accrual-based accountancy.
- Knowledge of Rail Industry or equivalent
- Formal Programme/Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM/P — Certified Project Manager, ) Managing Successful Programmes, and Prince 2)