Programme Cost Controller
Reading/ Hybrid working
The Always On Air Team proactively manages all stages of the AOA life cycle. The Programme Cost Controller supports the AOA Team and reports directly to the Senior Programme Manager.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Financial Management - Operationalising forecasting and budgeting for the programme.
- Continuous improvement of financial handling in all aspects. Key Programme liaison with Commercial Finance and BPT team
- Responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive budget reporting and financial dashboard to provide a coherent view of the AOA Programme financial status.
- Responsible for supporting the AOA team on all financial governance and financial aspects of the AOA Programme.
- Responsible for the proactive management of all financial interdependencies, budget risks and issues relating to the AOA programme. Where required, timely escalation to the relevant programme manager with proposed corrective action.
- Vendor and SWC Management - to handle escalations to director level within vendor organisation. Challenging costs for statements of work, ensuring best value for Shareholders.
- Chairing and documenting programme level/financial reviews with shareholders.
- Responsible for supporting the transformation and continuous improvement of the end-to-end methodologies, processes and capabilities required to manage the financial governance, financial budgeting, forecasting, funding allocation for AOA projects and programmes in MBNL including all related forums and governance control points.
- Responsible for the proactive identification and implementation of efficiency and cost saving initiatives to maximise the benefit delivered by the AOA Programme.
What we are looking for:
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience managing programme budgets
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Industry knowledge desirable
- IT Literate
- Strong attention to detail
MBNL - building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other's uniqueness.
Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.