A leading Telecoms company are currently recruiting for a Procurement Category Manager - Indirect to focus on the key and wide ranging strategic spend areas of Customer Services, Logistics, Professional Services , Retail and HR.
You'll need to be very comfortable working with senior stakeholders across the business and you'll have a collaborative but challenger mentality. You will be working closely with senior leadership and your influence will extend beyond a purely procurement remit, to providing strategic advice and input to drive better outcomes for the business and customers.
Primary stakeholder contacts are in Customer, People and Finance Directorates and will include:
- C level execs and Senior Management Team (SMT) / Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Heads of functions
- Key project related personnel e.g. Customer Services Director, Supply Chain Director etc.
The role is responsible for managing the end to end procurement process. This will include negotiating with 3rd party suppliers, managing the senior vendor relationships, working with business units to understand the specific demand, planning the buying activities, drafting and implementing the relevant contracts and ensuring that the work is being carried out in line with the legal and regulatory requirements.
- Substantial end to end indirect procurement experience
- Strong collaborator and team player
- A natural leader who can guide others in relation to procurement matters
- Takes ownership of driving issues to conclusion
- Able to influence and persuade at all levels
- Willing to challenge others in order to benefit our business or customers
- CIPS qualification and / or Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.