|Job Title:||Procurement Manager|
|Contact Name:||Lidia Vierha da Cunha|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Procurement Manager. This role is based of Maidenhead, however it will be remote-based initially. The start date will be ideally no later than 30th of November and the duration will be until end of March 2021.
This specific role of Procurement Manager (working within our client's Indirect Procurement Team) will focus on the key and wide ranging strategic spend areas of Customer Services, Logistics, Professional Services , Retail and HR.
We are looking for someone who will tackle those challenges head on - you'll be evolving your category and shaping the service it provides to meet those challenges. You'll need to be very comfortable working with senior stakeholders across the business and the Group and you'll have a collaborative but challenger mentality. You will be working closely with senior leadership and your influence will extend beyond a purely procurement remit, to providing strategic advice and input to drive better outcomes for our business and customers.
This role reports to the Head of Indirect Procurement within the Finance Directorate. The role has no direct reports and covers an external spend . Primary stakeholder contacts are in our Customer, People and Finance Directorates
- C level execs and Senior Management Team (SMT) / Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Heads of functions
- Key project related personnel e.g. Customer Services Director, Supply Chain Director.
- Successfully lead the Customer Services, Logistics, Professional Services, Retail and HR Categories to deliver a 'best in class' procurement and supply chain offering to the client.
- Act in a partnering style to promote Procurement to the wider business, acting as a conduit to work being funnelled through Procurement, minimising leakage and thus facilitating control
The role is responsible for managing the end to end procurement process. This will include negotiating with 3rd party suppliers on behalf of the client, managing the senior vendor relationships, working with business units to understand the specific demand, planning the buying activities, drafting and implementing the relevant contracts and ensuring that the work is being carried out in line with the legal and regulatory requirements.
This role will use comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently on the following:
Law and Regulation Provides technical guidance on how to professionally interpret and apply knowledge of laws and regulations.
Market Research and Analysis Provides Uses research and analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of market conditions to facilitate the success of a brand, product or service.
Vendor Management Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to manage vendors so that they deliver the best possible results given available resources.
Procurement Business Case Development Applies expertise to act as the organisational authority on developing business cases for the procurement of particular products and services.
Procurement Process Management Applies expertise to act as the organisational authority on managing the entire procurement process from start to finish.
Commercial Acumen Applies comprehensive understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions.
Negotiation Negotiates as the organisational authority and established expert to help the organisation by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
Planning and Organising Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to plan, organise, prioritise and oversee activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
Policy and procedures Provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organisational strategies and objectives.
- Substantial end to end indirect procurement experience
- Strong collaborator and team player
- A natural leader who can guide others in relation to procurement matters
- Takes ownership of driving issues to conclusion
- Able to influence and persuade at all levels
- Willing to challenge others in order to benefit our business or customers
- CIPS qualification and / or Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.