Start: Mid Aug
My global IT services client has a new Contract vacancy for a Procurement Manager for an initial 6 months. The successful candidate will need to start within the next 4 weeks.
The Procurement Bid Management Team (PBM) is the link between the Bid Team and the Procurement function. The PBM role ensures that future procurement of goods and services achieve optimum value for money in delivering the company's corporate objectives.
- Management of all 3rd party activity throughout the Bid from inception to delivery into live environment
- Act as a SPOC for the Defence business and the link into the wider Procurement Team
- Assisting Bid teams in responding to Tender questions relating to Procurement
- Defining and negotiating NDA's and Teaming Agreements
- Leverage bid specific deals (pricing & terms) across the wider EMEIA business
- Support the Bid Team & represent Procurement with attendance at all internal and external meetings and represent Procurement at the internal governance reviews (as appropriate)
- Have an agreed strategy with Category Management team detailing ownership & deliverables for bid management including, Market Intelligence, Category Advice and Procurement Best Practice in line with company policy's.
- Experience of working in the bid environment in the Defence sector
- Procurement skills (specifically negotiation, tendering and contracting) and commercial experience.
- Building relationships at all levels - supplier base, internally and in a customer facing capacity
- Typically qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Communication skills (specifically business writing and presentation)
- Fluent in English written and oral
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.