Great opportunity to work for an innovator within the telecoms industry that has state of the art offices based very close to Reading train station and has a flexible working policy.
Excellent salary on offer along with car allowance and bonus scheme plus all the usual extra benefits.
This role Will be managing a team of TX Planning Engineers as well the delivery from the Managed Service Provider Teams.
What will the role be doing:
- The primary responsibility of the Principal Transmission Planning Engineer is to ensure transmission projects are delivered on time, to budget and meet agreed specifications.
- The Principal Transmission Planning Engineers will manage available tools and resources to ensure that Transmission Network upgrade activities are designed and dimensioned to ensure that network availability targets are maintained or improved.
- The Principal Transmission Planning Engineer will be expected to engage with both Shareholders and third parties to discuss/agree alternative solutions, design requirements, concessions etc.
- The Principal Transmission Planning Engineer will be pro-active in working with the Transmission Design Team and where applicable assist with creation of technical documentation and guidelines.
- Work with PMO and data analysis teams to create and manage project reporting.
- Report project/deliverable progress to the TPS Team Principals and PMs who will advised on any corrective action required (as necessary).
What experience is needed:
- Significant knowledge of transmission technologies (both leased line and radio) design knowledge and experience including SDH, ATM, Ethernet & IP technology
- Hands on experience of transmission planning and circuit planning tools in creating transmission solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the 2G/3G/4G Mobile Transmission Networks
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G RAN design and core network architecture
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org - 01628762270.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.