|Job Title:||Principal Transmission Designer|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Principal Transmission Designer
MBNL's transmission design team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a series of design solutions, guidelines and policies on behalf of our shareholders. These designs are delivered via Managed Service Partners (MSP's), the Shareholders Design teams and specialist resources to enhance the capabilities of the networks.
Responsibilities of the Principal Transmission Designer include:
- Work in concert with the Shareholder teams to develop Transmission and Transport design guidelines and performance criteria in line with technical developments according to vendor roadmaps and the evolution of the MBNL Network as agreed with the Technical Committee.
- Translation of Technical Committee Transmission and Transport Design requirements into design criteria that support shareholder capacity, delivery and quality targets.
- The Principal Transmission Designer will act as technical lead within MBNL on the IP/Ethernet Programme in respect to design, strategy, deployment and technically related issues:
- IP/MPLS Transmission Network
- Ethernet Microwave
- Ethernet Performance Monitoring
- Work closely with the Network Design Programme Manager and the Operations function to ensure that such projects are prioritised as appropriate within the overall Design Programme.
- Identification of planning tool requirements such that they support the delivery of 2G, shared 3G and 4G networks, consolidation and evolution to future technologies
- Work closely with the Capacity function within MBNL to ensure that Transmission and Transport capacity requirements are identified early and the technical Committee notified of required investment to meet such requirements.
- Liaising with Equipment Vendors and acting as key technical contact point.
- Ensure that Transmission Network upgrade activities are designed and dimensioned to ensure that network availability targets are maintained or improved.
The successful Principal Transmission Designer will have:
- University/College degree or degree calibre preferably from telecommunications or Electrical Engineering background
- Significant knowledge of transmission technologies (both leased line and radio) design knowledge and experience including SDH, ATM, Ethernet & IP technology
- Strong knowledge of the 2G/3G/4G Mobile Transmission Networks
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G RAN design and core network architecture
- Optimisation of capacity and performance of transmission networks
- Knowledge of transmission planning and circuit planning tools.
- Experience in a Network Operator or Managed Service Provider environment
- Demonstrable experience of project delivery on time and to customer satisfaction
- Ability to respond flexibly to design challenges arising from the Acquisition and Implementation processes.
- Experience of running Technical Review meetings with Vendors.
To apply for the Principal Transmission Designer role please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.