Role: Principal Software Engineer
Location: London (Flexible/Hybrid)
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, you will be a key member of the engineering leadership team within the development team. Every day, you will work closely with your project team to deliver high quality software, coaching and mentoring engineers through their day-to-day technical decision-making, supporting product owners to prioritise their backlogs and helping analysts and testers understand complex systems. Above all you will lead delivery of high-quality software.
You will help the team define best practices and lead by example to help them achieve effective delivery and engineering excellence. You will be in a key position of influence amongst your engineering peers and will bring insight of the opportunities and challenges faced by our users to help define technical strategy.
You will run stand-ups, support end users, diagnose issues in production, perform code reviews, plan releases, build deployment pipelines, write (and review) lots of code.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Design and development of effective software that meets strategic business needs for your immediate team.
- Provide knowledge and best practice in areas of specialist knowledge.
- Provide technical knowledge, insight and leadership to peers and colleagues.
- Be an expert on operating environments and play a part in shaping them.
- Seek out new technologies, tools, and methodologies to evolve our development approaches and processes.
- Design and review UI/UX to ensure it is accessible, intuitive, performant and consistent
- Work with other senior technical people in the broader organisation to define, document and distribute best practice and standards.
- Participate in the team's software development methodologies such as pairing, code and documentation reviewing, and continuous delivery.
- Assist with recruiting, mentoring, and training new team members.
- Guide and encourage continuous improvement of your team's delivery and development processes.
- Ensure alignment of the team's products and services with company's technology and architecture strategy.
- Support the communication of product and technical strategy to stakeholders at all levels.
- Lead troubleshooting and resolution of issues throughout the product life cycle.
- Work with project, product, and technical leads to define, shape, and deliver software.
- Work with third party providers where necessary, providing direction, support, and documentation.
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role you may have experience of some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Expert knowledge of C# and automated testing
- Deep technical expertise in at least one or multiple of: web development; backend services/APIs, distributed systems & messaging
- Building one-click build and deployment pipelines that compile, run tests, create cloud infrastructure, and deploy new versions with zero downtime
- Strong experience of hands-on technical leadership across multiple teams and stakeholder management with both technical and business stakeholders
- Experience of driving technical improvements in a wider engineering community and best practice across multiple technologies, teams, and locations
- Can design attractive modern UX that is accessible and attractive and follows a set of brand guidelines
- Strong communication, able to explain problems and potential solutions in a way that enables a range of colleagues to understand and engage with the pros and cons of proposed technical choices.
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with people from a range of backgrounds and experience.
- A track record of iterating and driving increased team performance over sustained periods of time, in terms of technical solution quality, velocity and user success.
- Significant experience working in areas with technical debt and operational complexity.
- Strong experience of working with complex distributed systems and microservices/SOA.
- Monitoring complex distributed systems using tracing, correlations, and dashboards
If this interests you, click on APPLY.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
iOS Software Engineer
Location: Salford, Greater Manchester
Salary: Up to £58000 per annum
Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
2nd Line Azure Support/Azure Migration Engineer (Deployment)
Location: London, England
2nd Line Deskide Engineer (On Site)
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Salary: Competitive daily rate