|Job Title:||Principal/Senior Mobile Software Engineer|
|Location:||Salford, Greater Manchester|
|Contact Name:||Jagadeshwar Sandhi|
|Job Published:||29 days ago|
The Job: Principal/Senior Mobile Software Engineer
This is a Hybrid role home based with 2 days in one of the following offices below:
Salary: Very competitive basic + Benefits
Are you looking to grow your career and take your next step into a Principal/Senior role with an organisation that has products used by millions around the globe making an impact on our communities both locally and globally?
This is your opportunity to take that step into a Principal/Senior Mobile Software Engineer role with an organisation that is as passionate about its people as it is the technology that empowers them. Mobile, Android and iOS experience will be considered. It's your people skills that will really make the difference.
Playing a pivotal role as the Principal/Senior Mobile Software Engineer, you will be building and supporting your team helping them to create quality code, ensuring a collaborative effort and providing a safe space that will allow people to be their best selves.
Helping your team to develop their careers as you progress yours and all the while building state of the art software used by millions globally.
- Experience in making critical, architectural decisions for a development team, providing sound technical direction, and communicating effectively
- Leadership experience of project working and professional software development processes, including agile
- Commercial mobile development experience, with deep understanding of Android and iOS app architecture, design patterns, and languages (Java and Kotlin/Objective-C and Swift)
- Expertise in choosing and applying design patterns
- Demonstrable Test Driven Development
- An ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Experience of managing code in source control systems such as GitHub
- Experience in the development, release and maintenance of frameworks/libraries for multiple stakeholders
Good to have:
- Experience in managing/team leading/ mentoring Software engineers would be an advantage.
- Experience developing media players for mobile platforms
- Experience of media streaming protocols and standards (e.g. HLS, MPEG DASH)
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by others
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment in mobile apps Web services integration (REST, JSON) in a mobile environment
- Experience of building and deploying apps to Google Play Store and App Store
- Experience of Amazon Web Services
- Building and managing Jenkins Pipelines
- Experience in DRM technologies (e.g., Widevine, FairPlay)
- Agile development experience
Training and career development:
Supported by the higher management with the tools you need to develop the team, our client has an established in-house training academy, where the training is unrivalled for Software Developers, your team will be given access to a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications enabling you to have a clear career path within the company.
As well as flexible 35 hour working week working from home with two days in the office you will also be given dedicated learning time alongside your role.
To find out more about the role please send through your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.