Principal Chip Design Engineer
My client are a leading global ICT infrastructure solutions provider, who have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields.
They are developing leading edge optoelectronic devices for the next generation of communications networks and require a Transfer Printing Process Engineer for their expanding technical team and wafer fabrication facility.
They currently require a Principal Chip Design Engineer to develop highly reliable high-power 980-nm pump laser chip products of EDFA for the rapidly growing fields of optical fibre communication.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly innovative organisation, with a competitive salary and benefits package attached that includes:
- Annual bonus equivalent of 2 months' salary
- Relocation package on offer if required
- Design of highly reliable high-power 980-nm pump laser chip (cooled/uncooled)
- Analysis of 980-nm pump chip concepts through theoretical and/or computational models
- Fabrication and detailed characterization of prototype chip
- Design and qualification of the chip fabrication processes
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge in areas of expertise and using the knowledge to promote continuous improvement in the work
- Any other ad hoc duty as requested by the Project Manager.
- Research and development experience in GaAs chip design & layout for 980-nm.
- Solid knowledge of Physics of GaAs chip and Physics and Chemistry of material.
- Familiar with GaAs Fab equipment and processing.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.