PR Manager - B2C (Publicity & Events)
London (6 Month Contract)
A global Telecoms company who operate in more than 170 countries across the world. They are now seeking a Publicity & Events PR Manager to join their Consumer Marketing Department on a contract basis to work within their offices in London.
We are looking for a Publicity & Events PR Manager to deliver a programme of PR communications within the UK. This role will be responsible for delivering strategic communication plans around specific product launches, and campaign activity, keeping in line with company-wide PR messaging and UL specific business objectives.
- Delivering integrated communications plans in conjunction with the wider UK PR team
- Planning and implementing a calendar of key PR activity as part of the deployment of the strategy
- Managing product launch activity including pre-briefing media, reviews programmes and launch events with key tech media
- Working closely with other business support functions to co-ordinate and deliver wider PR team comms campaigns and initiatives
- Working closely with the WEU PR team around key activity spikes, launch moments and campaigns
- Identifying PR opportunities around competitor activity to increase and maintain share of voice in key publications
- Hosting tech media at events and on press trips
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Broad communications expert, with an emphasis on publicity stunts / events for big consumer brands
- Experience in a fast paced 'centre of excellence PR/communications team
- Knowledge of business focused communications solutions where the output matches both business culture and stakeholder expectations
- A good understanding of a diverse and culturally rich workforce
- Experience of managing agencies and external supplier relationships
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally on regular occasions
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.