|Job Title:||Power BI Developer/Data Engineer - Azure Data Factory, ADF|
|Location:||West London, London|
|Contact Name:||Amanda Cager|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
We are looking for an experienced Power BI Developer/Data Engineer as this role will involve around 70% Power BI development and 30% Data Engineering on the Azure stack. This position is focused on meeting the visualisation, reporting and analytics needs of key business functions through development and experience of data models. We are looking for someone that is a functional developer focused on business requirements rather than a pure platform developer. This is a great opportunity to work on a greenfield project for a company that has significant investment to undergo a tech transformation.
What the role will be doing:
- Creating and maintaining the Data Platform analytics technical components. This includes relational data modelling, star schemas, reporting views and ETL batch feeds
- Producing and automating delivery of key metrics and KPIs to the business. In some cases, this will focus on making data available and others will be developing full reports for end users
- Managing the Data Platform roadmap ensuring technical future proofing, capacity and optimisation of the platform
- Working with the Service Management team to resolve any production issues that require specialist support during normal business hours
- Managing stakeholder demand and backlog of reporting requirements and needs
- Maintaining relationships with key vendors to plan and adapt the Data Platform roadmap and best leverage the capabilities that we have
- Monitoring usage of the Data Platform and working with users to deprecate reports and data sets that are not needed and creating a continuous improvement model for the data
- Actively working with users to understand data issues, tracing back data lineage and helping the business put appropriate data cleansing and quality processes in place
- Managing secure access to data sets for the business
What experience is needed:
- Proven Business intelligence and data experience gained in previous roles
- Previous experience of meeting the visualisation, reporting and analytics needs of key business functions through development of presentation and data models
- Working closely with business management teams to understand their requirements and develop reporting or analytic solutions
- Defining and developing data sets, models and cubes.
- Experience developing using SQL, relational databases and data warehousing technologies. Primary skill required SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Power BI, Power Query and DAX
- Desirable to have working knowledge of SalesForce data structures
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - firstname.lastname@example.org - 07796 302988.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Principal BI Consultant (Security Clearance Required)
Location: Cork City, Cork
Performance testing Engineer - Contract- Remote
Location: Hampshire, England
Full Stack .Net Developer
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Lead Delivery Architect (VMWare/Azure)
Location: Berkshire, England