We are partnering with a leading telecommunications organisation who are seeking a planner to join their team on a contractual basis (initial term, 12 months).
The planner will provide specific technical expertise on the planning requirements for a portfolio of telecommunications infrastructure. This is an opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary project team, in a fast-paced working environment. The planner will provide advice and guidance on exempted development provisions and the national, regional and local policy contexts relevant to telecommunications infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The planner will be responsible for;
- Carrying out site visits and surveys.
- Advising on use of the exempted development provisions.
- Submitting planning applications and appeals for telecommunications infrastructure.
- Managing out-sourced service providers.
- Conducting pre-planning meetings and liaising with local authority broadband officers.
- Reporting to the project team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 years' experience of working as a planner in local authority/private sector
- Experience of working with telecommunications /infrastructure/utilities providers an advantage.
- Professional society membership would be advantageous.
- An ability to communicate legislative planning considerations clearly.
- An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with third-party stakeholders (local authorities).
- An understanding and experience with budgets, work programme and project management.
- Driving licence.
Please apply for this position now!
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.