Python/R Data Scientist is urgently required by our Global IT Services Client for an initial contract until 30th September 2021 (home based).
To be successful, you will have experience working in large/complex environments, and be an experienced Data Scientist with specific expertise in both Python and R.
Responsibilities will include:
- Formulate and lead multifaceted analytic studies against large volumes of data.
- Interpret and analyse data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilising various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organise the data.
- Experiments against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Lead all data experiments tasked by the Data Science Team.
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to build data environments providing data identified by Data Analysts, Data Integrators, Knowledge Managers, and Intel Analysts.
- Develop methodology and processes for prioritisation and scheduling of projects.
- Analyse problems and determine root causes.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
Data Scientist Qualifications / Skills:
- Expert in Python and R
- Advanced analytical knowledge of data
- Conducting big data analysis
- Data conditioning
- Programming advanced computing
- Developing algorithms
- Developing software and data models
- Executing predictive analytics
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Master's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related fields (or equivalent)
- Proficient with Python and R,
- Demonstrated experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems
- Experience utilising visualisation tools to take advantage of the growing volume of available information
This is an urgent role; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Diversity Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.