|Job Title:||Performance Architect|
|Salary:||Competitive daily rate|
|Duration:||3 month rolling|
|Contact Name:||Tommy Clifford|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Job Spec: Software Performance Architect/Engineer
A UK critical system providing services to support national security. A solution that provides a high throughput, high performing services. A disaggregated overall solution is being developed to allow best of breed technologies to be brought together to allow competitive performance, flexibility with service integration and removal, cost saving and a more future proofed solution for additional government departments to participate. The current Service platform solution is being implemented using a COTS software (a collective of open source and bespoke code) that is handling large volumes, high Tx per second, large image data and processing via BPEL logic and calling multiple services, using a highly available MS SQL Server Backend.
Skills and Responsibilities:
* Understand and demonstrate experience and skills in analysing software products, solutions, designs from a performance perspective.
* Understand the Design, build and service interactions and the data they operate with for each service call.
* Analyse the solution to ensure it can achieve and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity.
* You will understand how to use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to manage, process and collect it.
* Understand the complexities of a multi-interfaced service platform
* Guide a team of technologists to implement the tools and configuration
* Have experience of implementing Enterprise Service Buses or other message oriented middleware systems
* Ideally have built systems to manage data that includes imagery
* Detailing and documenting performance related design
* Formulating and implementing extensive testing strategies and tools
* Solution designs for changes to the existing solution that will assist in meeting the requirement
* Creating reports: o Initial report: Will determine if the solution is capable of being able to achieve the target throughputs, resilience and scalability as set out by the client o Intermediate report: Assuming the initial report is positive and that the solution can be improved adequately, the intermediate report will advise on quick wins to advance the platform to achieve the early 2 stages throughput
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience:
* Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, mathematics or engineering or equivalent experience
* Experience building Java systems with strict requirements for low-latency (microseconds count) and deterministic performance.
* Prior experience with Event Sourcing (Sequenced core stream) based architecture.
* Experience of Microsoft SQL server database optimisation and tuning.
* Experience building high performance solutions
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
* Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to solve high performance engineering problems in a language agnostic manner.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
* Microsoft and Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
* Off-heap memory management,
* Distributed server software experience
* JVM internals, tuning for low-latency
* Multiple technologies across Microsoft and Java platforms
* Apache OpenSource software stack, including Tomcat, Qpid and ODE
* Hardware stack and hardware architecture from a latency perspective
Key Performance Indicators
- Develops and documents the process to lead and coach a large design team to help them to identify business opportunities and define customer requirements and can evidence process implementation.
* Manages a large design team which utilized company methodology to generate comprehensive documentation for large, complex solution development and acceptance testing, incorporating strategic level risks and remedies. Encourages use of existing knowledge.
* Develops and delivers original presentations and "white papers" on significant areas of IT and future direction, to divisional business strategists.
* Documented feedback from customers and/or sales that IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of the customers' business have been developed as a result of working with the customer to help them see how technological issues should affect their business strategies.
* Authorizes high-level design documents for major solutions, managing a large team to agree customer requirements and produce the documented detailed design and maintains an audit trail for an effective process to exercise design control over the implementation.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Performance testing Engineer - Contract- Remote
Location: Hampshire, England
Infrastructure Architect (Security cleared) - Contract
Location: Hampshire, England
Infrastructure Architect - Berkshire - Contract Role
Location: Berkshire, England
Oracle PAAS Technical Consultant (Home Working)
Salary: Competitive daily rate
Oracle PaaS Technical Consultant - Remote working