Oracle Database Administrator
Dublin / Swords - on site once per week
Oracle Database Administrator. Applicant will require knowledge in the following areas:
- Oracle Database Support (advanced)
- Linux Database Server Support. (intermediate)
- SQL Database Support (beginner)
- Virtualisation Technology (intermediate)
Responsibilities for Database Administrator Include:
- Working with the client to deliver major technology stack Oracle environment.
- Experience in large scale Oracle and SQL installations.
- Working with the client teams and other CLIENT teams to address operational issues when they arise.
- Identify areas where improvements can be made to current technologies, processes, and procedures.
- Work with the management team to accurately plan and implement upgrades to database infrastructure.
- Promote a good working environment and work in cooperation with the client and other CLIENT teams.
- Continually build skills and capabilities to adapt to a changing IT environment and technologies.
- Implement best practices for production support.
- Implement and enhance monitoring.
- 5+ years with Oracle Database technology.
- Oracle 10g and 11g DBA experience.
- Other Relational Database experience.
- Oracle RAC.
- Oracle OEM
- 2+ years with SQL Database technology.
- Database data modelling experience.
- Performance Tuning.
- Oracle RAC installation and configuration.
- Oracle Exadata (optional)
- Open-Source Technology experience (optional)
- Virtualisation technologies.
- Backup and recovery (e.g. RMAN).
- Advanced replication experience.
- Good knowledge of Linux.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of networking technologies.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-activity and an ability to drive continuous improvement.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.