|Job Title:||Operations- Transmissions Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive daily rate|
|Contact Name:||Tommy Clifford|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Take overall responsibility for end to end transmission performance in the live operational environment. Ensure MBNL Network Operations is achieving high standards in line with, and beyond contractual service levels. Manage the introduction of new transmission architectures / solutions to meet shareholder transformation initiatives.
The Transmission Manager contributes to delivering the Operations outcomes of:
- Reporting and monitor KPI's providing valuable insight.
- Predicting and prevent negative impacts on the network.
- Identifying continuous service improvements for the network.
- Engaging with shareholders and suppliers to manage network improvements.
- Providing insight on supplier performance and challenge.
The activities that deliver this are:
- Accountable for the establishment and ownership of operational transmission service delivery.
- Accountable for providing direction and value-add to the TX design, deployment and capacity delivery process to drive OLO and Microwave performance.
- Accountable for establishing and owning the business Operations requirements for transmission fault and performance monitoring and develop end to end dashboard.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to optimise transmission services and activities to reduce impact to customers, improve transmission resilience, reliability and performance.
- Proactively co-ordinate and ensure compliance to operations service requirements through deployment and program activities to minimise and mitigate interference between programmes.
Create documentation and provide management of overall estate architecture against existing and future design
- Communications certification
- Good understanding of transmission technology
- Ability to interpret future strategies and apply to development and implementation roadmaps
- Using wider industry knowledge, ability to influence stakeholders via formal governance reviews with direct submission of transmission operational status and recommendations
Nice to have
- Appreciation of transmission approaches in other external industries to ensure thinking and subsequent approaches are leading edge
- It would be beneficial to have existing knowledge of the network and tools (Nemesis, Circuit Manger & ADC build) and equipment (SIAE, NEC, BT (MEAS)) or equivalent type systems
- Appreciation of the mobile network architecture within which the transmission solutions operate
- Project management discipline attributes
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.