Onsite Technician (also known as Deskside Engineer)
Location: Dublin City Centre
For our client who is one of the top five information and communication technology providers in the world, with over 5 decades of experience delivering technology solutions to customers around the globe, we are looking for candidates with Windows 10 build experience and tablet build experience.
Provides technical support activities as part of service delivery provision and/or projects deployment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance. Responds to customer questions regarding operation and malfunctions. Advises customers on preventative maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction May be mobile or based on site at a customer building or campus. Works with little supervision and has limited specialisation or ability to work on a wider range of systems.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team on a broad range of products or systems with limited supervision. Carries out first level diagnosis, resolves problems on a small set of products, with limited support to meet the Service Level agreement. Rebuilds operating system from instructions to meet the Service Level Agreement.
- Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Service Level. Manages systems within Service Level Agreements, proposing improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems.
- Team Working. Acts as a team player being viewed by colleagues as a helpful member of the team.
- Business Awareness. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
- Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.