Network Support Engineer - PDH / SDH / Ethernet - Solihull - SC Cleared - Contract
Are you an experienced Network Support Engineer with current SC Clearance and experience of supporting SDH, PDH and Ethernet networking? If so, please apply to a brand new long term contract on behalf of a global IT Services and Technology provider.
You will join a small team of highly skilled engineers based in Solihull to manage and support the new Government Point to Point Service (PPS).
Daily duties will include a mixture of general support escalations/fault finding and project/implementation work. Due to the nature of the work applicants will need a minimum of SC clearance with the possibility of applying for DV clearance in the future.
You will need the following to be successful:
- Valid and current SC Clearance.
- Experienced in the support of PDH/SDH networking.
- Experienced in the support of Carrier Ethernet networking.
Knowledge of at least 4 of the following network solutions and protocols:
- Analogue private circuits (2W/4W)
- Digital private circuits (e.g. Kilostream, Megastream)
- Serial digital interfaces (V.24, X.21, V.11)
- PDH/SDH networking (E1, STM-1, synchronization)
- Circuit Emulation Services (CESoPSN, SAToP)
- IP VPN networking (BGP, MPLS)
- Network synchronization in packet networks (PTP)
- MEF ELINE services (EPL, EVPL)
- Layer 2 VPN networking (VPLS, EVPN)
- Provider bridging (VLAN, QinQ VLAN, SVLAN)
If this is a good fit for your skills and experience please apply to this advert with a copy of your current CV or contact me, Patrick McNamara directly on (0117) 9087000 or on my e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.