Network Support Engineer
We need an experienced network support engineer to join a small team of highly skilled engineers based in Solihull.
Daily duties will include a mixture of general support escalations/fault finding and project/implementation work. Due to the nature of the work applicants will need a minimum of SC clearance with the possibility of applying for DV clearance in the future.
PPS supports a range of legacy analogue (2W/4W) and digital (V.24, X.21, V.11 and E1) services as well as Carrier Ethernet services. Legacy services are supported by the Juniper CTP, ABB XMC20 and Oscilloquartz OSA platforms, whilst Carrier Ethernet services are supported by Adva FSP150 platforms.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities:
The candidate should be able to demonstrate that they have a good breadth and depth of technical experience in the support and management of legacy analogue/digital services, network synchronization and Carrier Ethernet services.
Applicants must have a minimum of SC clearance and be prepared to apply for DV clearance in the future.
Skills - Mandatory:
- Experienced in the support of PDH/SDH networking.
- Experienced in the support of Carrier Ethernet networking.
Knowledge of at least 4 of the following network solutions and protocols:
- Analogue private circuits (2W/4W)
- Digital private circuits (e.g. Kilostream, Megastream)
- Serial digital interfaces (V.24, X.21, V.11)
- PDH/SDH networking (E1, STM-1, synchronization)
- Circuit Emulation Services (CESoPSN, SAToP)
- IP VPN networking (BGP, MPLS)
- Network synchronization in packet networks (PTP)
- MEF ELINE services (EPL, EVPL)
- Layer 2 VPN networking (VPLS, EVPN)
- Provider bridging (VLAN, QinQ VLAN, SVLAN)
Skills - Useful:
- A working knowledge of Juniper Circuit To Packet (CTP) routers.
- A working knowledge of Adva FSP150 Network Interface Demarcation devices.
- A working knowledge of Oscilloquartz OSA54xx PTP solutions.
- A working knowledge of ABB (Keymile) XMC20 primary multiplexers.
- Knowledge of MSC, TfS, RIO & CASD
Skills - on the job:
- Customer focused.
- Team working.
- Flexible, Working & Dynamic.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
TRAINEE NETWORK ENGINEER - (TELCO & IP)
Location: London, England
1st/2nd Line IT Support Analyst
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Salary: Contract day rate
PMO/Project Support Officer - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
First/Second Line Support Operations Centre Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: Up to £12 per hour
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Salary: Competitive Salary