Network Security Engineer
We have an opening for a Network Security Engineer position available to join our Network Team in Dublin. You will be primarily responsible for looking after Security Infrastructure Firewalls and IPS devices for both internal and external based devices. This is a great role which will offer the successful candidate huge growth opportunity and the chance to cross-train on many different vendor platforms along with staying at the cutting edge of security.
We are currently going through an unprecedented period of transformation and growth, adapting to what the world around us now demands. This transformation builds on our long standing heritage of being the trusted technology partner of choice for many and will ensure that we continue to work intimately with both existing and new customers. Our focus now is ensuring we address the challenges of those customers in today's FAST IT and digitally focused technology landscape.
What we offer:
- The opportunity work on large scale engagements with industry leading technology, solutions and transformations
- Unrivalled investment and training in you and your career
- Stimulating environment offering ongoing learning opportunities
- Culture of innovation and inspiration
- Competitive salary and bonus, great pension and generous benefits
- A very flexible and creative environment for everyone
The Role Accountabilities:
- Provide a senior level of firewall management, working and managing the day to day requirements of customers and internal staff.
- Provide expert level knowledge to customers in design or delivery phases for all things Security related e.g. Network Security, Routing, Switching, LAN/WAN, VLAN, Data Centre deployments etc.
- Ensure relevant documentation and change management procedures are followed at all times. Firewalls and IPS devices should be kept up to date with relevant software releases and patches etc.
- Provide skills transfers to other members of the team.
- Building effective relationships with customers and managing their requirements
- Assist with Network/Infrastructure Designs that maintain a high level of quality and integrity through the peer and customer review processes.
- Support the Solution/Network/Infrastructure Architects with complex design requirements
- Provide post-delivery support for tier 3/4 level issues where design/architectural change is required for effective resolution
- Ongoing upskilling with the ultimate aim of being a fully competent Security Solution Architect
- Experienced in Network Security and Infrastructure solutions design in a commercial environment.
- High level of knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls - preferably with (CCSA / CCSE qualifications).
- Good knowledge of other firewalls and IPS devices such as Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet etc.
- Well rounded knowledge of Networks and Infrastructure - a generalist. This should include a Cisco Network Certification (Cisco CCNA/NP, CCDA/DP) and LAN/WAN/SAN architecture experience
- Good awareness of architecture, design and operational processes/principles - TOGAF
- Driven to deliver high levels of customer service & satisfaction.
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills.
- A self-starter with desire to better current skills and experience.
- Excellent team player.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high capability team servicing large scale customer requirements. It will also be a huge developmental opportunity for candidates at the right level. Success would lead to even further development. If you have the skills outlined then we'd love to hear from you.
We are open to flexible working and where possible accommodate the needs of our staff with a flexible approach to working hours and locations.
We believe in the power of difference to create a better future for everyone. We aim to create an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel able to contribute to the success of the Company. If you are talented, enthusiastic and keen to make a difference you can succeed in our organisation. We respect people regardless of their background, ensuring equal opportunities for all. Our policies enable us to reflect today's multi-cultural society and the changing social and economic patterns in the workforce.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Network Support Engineer - Migration Network Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Juniper Network Architect - Juniper SME - Security Cleared
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Information Assurance Security Architect - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
National Network Deployment Manager (mobile telecoms)
Location: Berkshire, England
Mobile Network Test Support / Technician (RAN, 3G, 4G)
Location: Reading, Berkshire