|Job Title:||Network Management (NMC) Engineer (LAN/MPLS)|
|Salary:||Salary plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Leanne Summers|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Network Management (NMC) Engineer - Permanent - Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
A global IT services company is searching for a Network Management (NMC) Engineer with LAN/MPLS experience to join their team in Stevenage on a permanent basis.
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Are you a Network Engineer who combines strong technical skills with an ability to review design artefacts then automate, where possible, the configuration of Network Appliances and Tools and produce the associated build instructions?
Are you a team player who is willing to learn emerging technologies to produce credible solutions that will delight our customers? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people to work with our solution architects and vendors to deliver high assurance services and solutions for our customers in the UK and overseas.
We are looking for a Network Management Engineer to join our existing dynamic Network Management Systems team. They will work closely with the Network Architects and Project Managers to support, configure test and document deliverables and offerings on a wide variety of network solutions, including appliances and tooling, which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
- Provide day-to-day support to the Network/Solution Architects and Project Managers to deliver the required network monitoring configurations.
- Support the Network/Solution Architects by monitoring, supporting, configuring, implementing, testing and documenting network management solutions in line with the Network HLD and or LLD designs.
- Ensure build documentation produced is fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide input into reports, when required, to customers, Network Architects and Project Managers.
- Provide 4th line support to projects and work directly with vendors through to successful fault resolution.
- One (or more) of the following - SMARTS, NCM, CISCO ACS, SevOne
- Cisco and/or Juniper
- Software development methodology knowledge - Waterfall, Agile, Scrum
- Role is mainly monitoring, support and early life software developer
- Demonstrable network configuration experience utilising technologies (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers etc.) from a variety of industry leading technology vendors.
- Experience in configuring, and administration of, network monitoring, performance and configuration tools from a variety of industry leading technology vendors (VMWare SMARTS & NCM, Cisco ACS, SevOne).
- Experience in requirements management and associated tooling.
- Solid understanding of a variety of network and routing protocols.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills and approach to defect resolution.
- Experience of installation and configuration of network management systems on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
1st Line Network Support Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote, Global
Security Cleared DevOps Consultant/DevOps Design Engineer
Location: London, England
Redhat Engineer - Ansible - Security Cleared, Basingstoke
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Infrastructure Design Engineer - Security Cleared - VMWare
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire