Network Engineers - PDH/SDH - Ethernet - Solihull - SC Cleared
A global IT Services and Tech Specialist need an experienced network support engineer to join a small team of highly skilled engineers based in Solihull to manage and support a new set of Peer to Peer Services.
Daily duties will include a mixture of general support escalations/fault finding and project/implementation work. Due to the nature of the work applicants will need a minimum of SC clearance with the possibility of applying for DV clearance in the future.
Peer to Peer Services support a range of legacy analogue (2W/4W) and digital (V.24, X.21, V.11 and E1) services as well as Carrier Ethernet services. Legacy services are supported by the Juniper CTP, ABB XMC20 and Oscilloquartz OSA platforms, whilst Carrier Ethernet services are supported by Adva FSP150 platforms.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities:
The candidate should be able to demonstrate that they have a good breadth and depth of technical experience in the support and management of legacy analogue/digital services, network synchronisation and Carrier Ethernet services.
Applicants must have a minimum of SC clearance and be prepared to apply for DV clearance in the future.
Skills Mandatory to this position include:
- Experienced in the support of PDH/SDH networking.
- Experienced in the support of Carrier Ethernet networking.
You must also have knowledge of at least 4 of the following network solutions and protocols:
- Analogue private circuits (2W/4W)
- Digital private circuits (e.g. Kilostream, Megastream)
- Serial digital interfaces (V.24, X.21, V.11)
- PDH/SDH networking (E1, STM-1, synchronization)
- Circuit Emulation Services (CESoPSN, SAToP)
- IP VPN networking (BGP, MPLS)
- Network synchronization in packet networks (PTP)
- MEF ELINE services (EPL, EVPL)
- Layer 2 VPN networking (VPLS, EVPN)
- Provider bridging (VLAN, QinQ VLAN, SVLAN)
The following areas would be 'nice to have' but are not essential:
- A working knowledge of Juniper Circuit To Packet (CTP) routers.
- A working knowledge of Adva FSP150 Network Interface Demarcation devices.
- A working knowledge of Oscilloquartz OSA54xx PTP solutions.
- A working knowledge of ABB (Keymile) XMC20 primary multiplexers.
- Knowledge of MSC, TfS, RIO & CASD
All candidates must be able to achieve Baseline Clearance - UK resident for the last 5 years.
To apply please contact Patrick at Project People on (0117) 9087000 or attach your CV in response to this ad- alternatively please e-mail me direct on Patrick.Mcnamara@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.