Network Design Engineer - Security Cleared (SC)
Our client a global IT Outsourcing company are undergoing an exciting phase of growth driven by some significant business wins. With that said they are looking for a Network Design Engineer to work closely with the Network Architects to produce build documentation and introduce automation on a wide variety of network devices and appliances. This is an exciting time to join my client as they have a number of on-going technically interesting projects and are seeing growth with new customers utilising current up to date technologies.
A Network Design Engineer will be expected to:
* Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network configurations within all work packages.
* Support the Network Architects by configuring and implementing networks in line with the design documentation set.
* Take ownership of network build documentation components for specific key programme activities such as Integration, Pre-Production and the live environment.
* Ensure the build documentation produced are fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
* Provide input into reports, when required, to the Lead Network Architect, Project Network architects and Project Managers.
* Liaise with other technical project team members such as Integrators and test engineers to ensure that the network element of the infrastructure and systems are built in a timely manner.
* Be willing to undertake customer site surveys to assist with proposed technical network design.
* Be willing to travel within the UK and overseas if required.
* Provide 4th line support and work with relevant vendors to resolve issues.
Mandatory Skills Required:
* SC Clearance.
* Demonstrable network configuration experience using Juniper and/or Cisco technologies.
* Experience of configuring LAN switches.
* Routing protocols
* Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
* Access lists configuration.
* IP Addressing design.
* Network troubleshooting.
Desirable Skills Required:
* DV Clearance.
* Firewalls skills, ideally Juniper SRX range and Cisco ASA Next Generation.
* Cisco accreditation
* Juniper accreditation
* VRF and VLAN configuration.
* SVI/RVI configuration.
* SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration.
* AAA configuration
Due to the nature of the project, the successful candidate will need to hold valid SC security clearance.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.