|Job Title:||Network Architect|
|Location:||Solihull, West Midlands|
|Start Date:||Jan 2020|
|Duration:||6 Months +|
|Contact Name:||Paul Read|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
My global IT outsourcing client is looking for a Network Architect to closely with other architects to produce design documentation on a wide range of network solutions that vary in size and complexity. The Network Architect will work with other dedicated professional teams to find better more effective solutions, and will be involved in all stages of the project life-cycle including roll-out of new services across the customer's estate and assist the live service support teams. This is a fast paced environment with opportunity to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
- Produce the required network design changes as per the requirements, within a number of work streams and support the overall Programme and Project Managers.
- Provide input to HLD/LLD components for relevant specific areas of the solution, focused on LAN design, but may include WAN, Wireless etc.
- Ensure produced designs are fit for purpose and review and assurance.
- Support the Network Engineers and the rest of the project team with delivery and operational challenges
- Provide input as required for reports to customer and Project/Programme Management.
- Produce Impact Assessment documentation for proposals for small to medium changes (RFCs).
- Solid experience of producing low level design artefacts including network diagrams and configuration build documentation.
- Proposing and utilising technologies from a variety of industry leading technology vendors.
- Experience in requirements management,
- Demonstrable experience in the creation of IP Addressing designs or in the configuration and support of said design.
- Understanding of a variety of network and routing protocols.
- Good experience in troubleshooting and defect resolution.
- Cisco CCNA, CCDA or Juniper JNCIA or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with LAN based fibre types and associated hardware.
- Good team player, excellent communications (written and oral), delivers good quality deliverables in tight deadlines.
- Experienced in all stages of the project life-cycle.
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.