|Job Title:||Network Architect|
|Location:||Solihull, West Midlands, W. Midlands, England|
|Contact Name:||Konrad Klusek|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Our client is among the world leading global IT service providers and they are now keen to take on Network Architects who are looking for an opportunity to define their future career trajectory within the company.
About the role:
Are you a Network Architect who combines strong technical skills with an ability to review design artefacts then automate, where possible, the configuration of Network Appliances and Tools and produce the associated build instructions?
Are you a team player who is willing to learn emerging technologies to produce credible solutions that will delight our customers? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people to work with our solution architects and vendors to deliver high assurance services and solutions for our customers in the UK and overseas.
We are looking for Network Architects, at varying levels of technical ability and experience, to join our existing dynamic Networks Practice. They will work closely with the Solution Owners to produce design documentation, on a wide variety of network solutions, which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
- Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network designs within all work streams (Main Programme, Live Service, Service Requests and Requests for Change).
- Support the Lead Architect/deputy CTO in defining designs in line with requirements.
- Support the Network Design Engineers and Support Engineers with delivery and operational challenges.
- Create and be responsible for HLD/LLD components for specific key areas of the solution i.e. DNSIP, Wireless, NTP, Data Centre LAN, LAN Migration etc.
- Ensure designs produced are fit for purpose and are capable of being put through Design Approval Board (DAB).
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the customer and Lead Network Architects.
- Demonstrable network configuration experience utilising technologies (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers etc.) from a variety of industry leading technology vendors.
- Experience in configuring, and administration of, network monitoring tools from a variety of industry leading technology vendors.
- Experience in requirements management and associated tooling.
- Installing and cabling solutions that vary in size and complexity.
- Solid understanding of a variety of network and routing protocols.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills and approach to defect resolution
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.