Machine Learning Engineer
*security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered*
Leading IT Services Provider in the defence sector require a skilled Machine Learning Engineer to join their team in Basingstoke
You will look to be included in a mixture of research, development and deployment activities, covering state-of-the-art machine learning models on a number of use cases.
You will be a part of a dynamic team working with experts in machine learning, Computer vision and NLP and will look to contribute your knowledge into existing projects or manage projects independently.
You will be actively supported to engage and present work in suitable forums/conferences and encouraged to write high quality research and whitepapers and/or contribute to patents.
Upon request, you may be asked to also collaborate with the business development team in their pre-sales activities, including but not limited to presenting your work to new prospective clients, participating in calls and meetings.
- Design machine learning systems
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of data structures, data modelling and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python, Java and R
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master's degree is a plus
Please apply via this site in the first instance, or send a CV with a covering note to Amber.Lowman@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.