|Job Title:||Logistics Coordinators - Mobile Telecoms Essential|
|Contact Name:||Sara Rowe|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Logistics Controller - 6 month contract - Mobile Telecoms - Berkshire
A leading UK Mobile Network Operator with ambitious growth plans is looking for a Logistics Controller. You will be accountable as part of a team for ensuring the delivery of the outstanding network experience now associated with our brand.
Your approach will be customer focused and aligned to the commercial goals of the business. You will be organised and innovative with excellent communication skills. You will have the capability, fresh ideas and enthusiasm to contribute towards an innovative and challenging programme.
Reporting to the RAN Deployment Manager, you will be part of a logistics delivery team established to manage equipment availability and supply into a number of concurrent and fast moving delivery programmes created for our 5G roll-out and other network capacity upgrades.
You will be required to closely monitor stock turnover, both in the central warehouse and with the build partners, as well as to manage all aspects of stock planning and maintenance. You will work with the manufacturers/suppliers to ensure that throughput of equipment aligns with the project targets.
You will develop an understanding of approved site designs and configurations to support equipment call-off management with the build partners and to predict forecast requirements.
You will be intuitive and be able to identify changes in equipment usage trends which may directly affect volumes and requirements before they become an issue. You will demonstrate an excellent understanding and control of the stock position and be capable of managing supply pinchpoints as they occur.
You will be responsible for all aspects of stock and usage reporting and have a proven flair for analysing and interpreting data to support planning, forecasting and trend analysis.
Your role will require regular dialogue with in-house and partner design, logistics and procurement professionals, the delivery partners as well as the warehouse management teams. You will need to be persuasive and compelling, with regard at all times for our core values of integrity and fairness.
- Provide 3rd parties with direction and guidance to ensure clarity of requirements and full support in order to achieve the deliverables.
- Management and validation of partner equipment call-offs.
- Reviewing designs and interfacing with site design authorities as required.
- Troubleshooting and equipment DOA management.
- Warehouse liaison and management
- Ensure timely call off and delivery of materials to partners contractors - to include forecasting, ordering, stock control (including returns).
- Fit for purpose logistics and call-off/return processes and accountabilities (RACI) - creation and monitoring
- Equipment supplier liaison, ordering and PO management
- Timely submission of forecasts to hardware suppliers and manage delivery of goods into the warehouse.
- Management of quarantined items in warehouse - ie. out of box failures, decom stock, damaged assets.
- Management of reverse logistics and disposals.
- Identify and highlight risks and issues that may delay supply of materials or project delivery and work with key partners to mitigate and maintain project delivery timelines and milestones
- Timely reporting of logistics status, risks and issues across the team.
Knowledge and experience
- Previous logistics and/or delivery management experience within a telecoms environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of the logistics process including forecasting, call off delivery, stock management and reporting.
- Detailed knowledge of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to provide complex logistics and asset management services using partners and contractors.
- Data analysis experience and financial awareness.
- Proven experience in a fast moving, pressurised, target driven, delivery environment.
- Proven ability in determining strategic direction and clear guidelines.
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team of professionals.
- Ability to cope with challenges whilst at all times maintaining a customer focused ethos.
- Ability to build relationships with partners, key stakeholders and suppliers.
- An understanding of the key network rollout functional areas including acquisition, design, build and transmission is preferred.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.