|Job Title:||Logistics Controller/Logistics Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Warren Moore|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
A leading company within the telecoms space are currently recruiting for a Logistics Controller/Specailist to join their growing team.
Reporting to the RAN Deployment Manager, you will be part of a logistics delivery team established to manage equipment availability and supply into a number of concurrent and fast moving delivery programmes working on 5G roll-out and other network capacity upgrades.
You will be required to closely monitor stock turnover, both in the central warehouse and with the build partners, as well as to manage all aspects of stock planning and maintenance. You will work with the manufacturers/suppliers to ensure that throughput of equipment aligns with the project targets.
You will develop an understanding of approved site designs and configurations to support equipment call-off management with the build partners and to predict forecast requirements.
- Provide 3rd parties with direction and guidance to ensure clarity of requirements and full support in order to achieve the deliverables.
- Management and validation of partner equipment call-offs.
- Reviewing designs and interfacing with site design authorities as required.
- Warehouse liaison and management
- Ensure timely call off and delivery of materials to partners contractors - to include forecasting, ordering, stock control (including returns).
- Fit for purpose logistics and call-off/return processes and accountabilities (RACI) - creation and monitoring
- Equipment supplier liaison, ordering and PO management
- Timely submission of forecasts to hardware suppliers and manage delivery of goods into the warehouse.
- Management of reverse logistics and disposals.
- Timely reporting of logistics status, risks and issues across the team.
Knowledge and experience
- Previous logistics and/or delivery management experience within a telecoms environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of the logistics process including forecasting, call off delivery, stock management and reporting.
- Detailed knowledge of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to provide complex logistics and asset management services using partners and contractors.
- Data analysis experience and financial awareness.
- Proven experience in a fast moving, pressurised, target driven, delivery environment.
- Proven ability in determining strategic direction and clear guidelines.
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team of professionals.
- Ability to cope with challenges whilst at all times maintaining a customer focused ethos.
- Ability to build relationships with partners, key stakeholders and suppliers.
- An understanding of the key network rollout functional areas including acquisition, design, build and transmission is preferred.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.