Logistics Controller (Procurement) - Permanent -Berkshire - Mobile Telecoms
Logistics Controller required with strong experience in Procurement/Supply Chain/Warehousing/Logistics.
In a nutshell:
This person will ensure there is enough equipment needed to go to sites, just in time for the deployment. It'll involve liaising with suppliers/vendors, Warehousing, and Build Teams to forecast what will be needed and when, to ensure there is enough kit, without having unnecessary stock piled up in warehouses, as space is at a premium.
· Overall management of the procurement for Logistics
· Raise quotes/PO's based on approved forecast, backfill for shortages, direct requests etc. Where forecast is not approved, work with Shareholders to identify actions to be carried out to mitigate Programme/Project risk
· Ensure quotes/POs are approved in a timely manner, chasing approval parties if needed
· Responsible for cancelling PO's in a timely manner if no longer required
· Manage all direct to site orders
· Responsible for Vendor management, including forecasts, deliveries, and ensuring all orders are on time, in full and error free
· Liaising with the Stakeholders regarding unilateral equipment orders and expected delivery dates.
· Working closely with the Forecasting controllers to minimise procurement costs
· Responsible for order book management
· Building effective relationships across the Company, Shareholder and supplier organisations to deliver strategic objectives, enable open and honest exchanges and foster trust and respect.
· Supporting budget alignment across shareholders and ensure reporting is aligned to support shareholders expectations.
· Review of processes, reports and procedures and look for continuous improvements
· Responsible for checking the data integrity
· Working with the Logistics Manager, manage the information provided to be able to report to Senior Management in a confident manner.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.