|Job Title:||Logistics Controller (Mobile telecoms)|
|Contact Name:||Warren Moore|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Logistics Controller - Mobile Telecoms
Reading 2-3 days/week post-lockdown
You will be part of a logistics delivery team established to manage equipment availability and supply into a number of concurrent and fast moving delivery workstreams created for 5G roll-out and other network capacity enhancement initiatives.
You will develop an understanding of approved site designs and configurations to support equipment call-off management with the build partners and to predict forecast requirements. There will be complex possibilities due to multiple vendors delivering the network.
You will closely track stock turnover, both in the central warehouse and with the build partners. You will support in the management of all aspects of stock planning and maintenance. You will work with the manufacturers/suppliers to ensure that throughput of equipment aligns with the project targets.
You will be responsible for all aspects of stock and usage reporting and have a proven flair for analysing and interpreting data to support planning, forecasting and trend analysis.
- Provide suppliers and contractors with direction and guidance to ensure clarity of requirements and full support in order to achieve their deliverables.
- Reviewing site designs to confirm accuracy of call-offs and interfacing with technical design authorities as required.
- Ensure timely call off and delivery of materials to partners contractors - to include forecasting, ordering, stock control (including returns).
- Fit for purpose logistics and call-off/return processes and accountabilities (RACI) - creation and monitoring.
- Equipment forecasting for monthly purchasing to support all delivery workstreams. Understanding target site delivery volumes and manufacturer lead times for equipment.
- Timely submission of forecasts to hardware suppliers and manage delivery of goods into the warehouse.
- Equipment supplier liaison, ordering and PO management.
- Responsible for creating and delivering reporting to support status of all ordering, distribution and other equipment management functions.
- Management of quarantined items in warehouse - i.e. out of box failures, decom stock, damaged assets.
- Management of reverse logistics and disposals.
- Previous logistics and/or delivery management experience within a fast moving telecoms environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of the logistics process including forecasting, call off delivery, stock management and reporting.
- Detailed knowledge of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to provide complex logistics and asset management services using partners and contractors.
- Data analysis skills and financial awareness.
- Proven experience in a fast moving, pressurised, target driven, delivery environment.
- An understanding of the key network rollout functional areas including acquisition, design, build and transmission is preferred.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.